Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Can Friends Become Lovers and Lovers Friends?

Jill, Vienna, and I watched The Notebook. It was the most romantic movie I'd ever seen. We used up a box and a half of Kleenex and couldn't stop sniffling. The idea of finding your true love, somebody who completes you, is so dominant in our culture. Many countries and even the US in the past used to see marriage as a symbol of safety and security. Now it's all about happiness and romantic love. I wonder if this constant search for the perfect love story is not Nature's way to make us sleep around and thus diversify our gene pool.

Mike and I are "friends" but I'm not sure if we can cross the "lovers" barrier. I'm willing to give it a try only because he is so loyal and sincere. We made out yesterday, and I liked it... but I liked it more when I closed my eyes and ignored the fact that I was with him. Other activities are great, though. I like Art and he likes Art. I'm into Indian cuisine and so is he. We love watching comedies together.

TJ's been sending me videos and messages on FB. I'm pretty sure he is interested in me and it's not just to make Vienna jealous. I love the way he smells, like leather and cologne, and I love the way he pouts his lips when he is weighing different options. I want to be friends with Vienna, though. I like her. I like her parties. I like her friends. I really need to figure out what's going on between her and TJ, and I need to figure out if he actually likes me, I mean as a girl...as a female... you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment