Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Dukan Diet - Day 11

I was so tempted to eat carbs last night, you have no idea. My Mom came home with a big box of raspberries and cherry filled crepes. I didn't even eat one, because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop.

The good thing about Phase II is that you at least don't gain weight while you are still consuming a pretty much normal diet of meat, salads, and dairy. I'm pretty sure that if I had gone from the Attack Phase to regular food, I would've gained all the weight right back. Phase II doesn't feel like a low-carb diet but I'm still ready to go back to regular food for a day or two before starting the Attack Phase. It needs to be a day when I can exercise a lot, though. I want to make sure all the calories will be gone right away.

Today is the last day of Phase II for me and probably the end of the diet for now. I've lost 1cm off my hips during the Attack Phase and 1/2cm during Phase II. The bottom line is the diet works. It's not difficult to follow. I found the all protein phase to be easier since I felt no hunger at all. The second phase is harder to stick to since you are allowed to eat a bigger variety of food and you are always tempted to add something extra. I also found myself craving food more often.

The main problems I experienced on this low-carb diet were moodiness and lack of energy. I found a solutions to both and blogged about both of them so if you are going through the same, read my previous posts. I still don't get tons of energy like I'd like to, but it's significantly better, no comparison. For the people who can be on a low-carb diet and exercise, great job! I cannot make myself do it. When I start eating carbs again, I'll return to my normal workout routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment