Friday, December 17, 2010

The Dukan Diet - Day 6

I think the diet works by curbing your appetite. I'm simply not hungry when I eat all protein. If I count the calories in my food, I'd come up with no more than 1200 for the whole day. High protein/low fat/low carb food is simply not tasty and it doesn't cause blood sugar fluctuations that normally make you hungry. I feel like eating every 2-3 hrs when my brain gets a signal that my stomach has shrunk and there is no food in it.

I completed 5 days on the Dukan Diet. The Attack Phase is over for at least another 5 days. I can fit in my size 6 clothes except for the really tight ones. I've lost a dress size. That's clear.

The Dukan Diet is not exciting but it's effective. I wasn't hungry at all at any time. Whenever I felt like eating something, I had turkey hot dogs, grilled chicken breast, a couple of scrambled eggs, or protein shakes. Days 4 and 5 I ate some pickles since they barely have any carbs. I barely had any yogurt but had the maximum allowed, 250ml of milk, per day and once I had miso soup. The only cheating happened the second day when I forgot I was on the diet and at a piece of candy. The diet still worked. The only side effect was low energy and I felt cranky in the evening.

I'm not looking forward to the end of the diet. I feel like I can do the protein and veggies phase for a long time. I don't go to sleep with the though of, "I can finally eat whatever I want tomorrow." It's about as easy as a diet promising fast weight loss can get. The easiest one I've tried so far. I still think the main reason why it works is that the protein curbs your appetite and since you cannot eat anything rich in oil or carbs, you consume very few calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment