Monday, November 29, 2010

On a Mission to Be an A+ Student = Persistence

I spent this weekend studying for finals. I'm not a perfectionist but I want it all, the A grades, the A looks, the A relationships. The times when I worried guys would ruin my GPA are over, though. It must be my biological clock. There was a time when I thought boys were stupid and couldn't care less to play with them, then little by little they started to get more interesting or maybe my hormones made them appear that way. I don't feel like I've changed but maybe I have. I used to be a pizza and a movie girl and now... I'm not sure. I wonder if I can go to a party next weekend, after the finals, before everybody goes away on Christmas break. Anyway... back to Organic Chemistry.

"Personal Development for Smart People" for you :) ....
"I find it incredibly inspiring to watch people struggle through one failure after another without giving up. From the outside looking in, it may seem as though they can't possibly succeed. But they still persist.

Eventually they learn what they need to learn. They successfully adapt their predictions to fit reality, and finally their actions begin producing the intended results. I don't get inspired by people who have all the external trappings of success like money and fame. I'm moved by those who I can see are destined for greatness, but no one else knows it yet. The telltale sign is always the same—persistence.

One of my favorite quotes on persistence comes from Calvin Coolidge:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent
will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men
with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination are omnipotent."

The slogan "Press on " has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. If you're clear about what you want, settle for nothing less. Accept that success will take time, perhaps much longer than you'd like. Rid yourself of the fast and easy, something-for-nothing mind-set. Keep your head down, work hard, and know that your efforts will eventually pay off, as long as you keep learning and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment