Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cool Stuff to Try in Manhattan

Yankee Candles - They burn so evenly and come in so many different aromas. I love Pine, Baking spices, and Cranberry.

Mixed Bouquets - Flower stores sell their flowers at a discount in the end of the day, so take advantage of it. I personally hate seeing flowers die in front of my eyes within days, so I like fake flowers. This way you have those beauties around for as long as you want them and you can always combine them differently for a fresh look.

French Macaroons - Don't worry they are a dollar a piece. You can always make them  yourself. I'll post my favorite recipe. New Yorkers know they are expensive, so bringing them to a party is like bringing Fillet Mignon to a barbecue. Your friends will get so excited.

Home grown seasonings - I grow my own basil in a pot next to the window. I love adding fresh leaves to my pasta and trust me, when you are in college you eat a lot of it.

Jewelry with Swarovski crystals - so beautiful and classy without the expense of real gold and precious stones. Even Hollywood celebrities wear them, so take advantage of the opportunity.

French and Italian Culinary Institutes - great food and great service. The students practice being chefs and waiters and seem to be really excited to do what they do. For less than $50 you get 5-course super tasty food, nice atmosphere, and something very unusual for NYC, friendly waiters. I always make sure I praise everything I like about the place in front of the personal, because I know it's important to encourage students to do their best every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment