Monday, November 15, 2010

Wow, I Fit Right In!

That's how I felt at the Vegan Party. Most people were funky, laid back, open-minded, interested in others, acting like what others think doesn't matter. It was hard to believe they were all around my age except for a couple of older guys in their late 20's or so.

I met a really cool guy, JT, a History major with a tongue ring. We talked about the vegan chocolate chip cookies, about Thanksgiving, about traveling the world. Whenever we mentioned dating, I tried to sound cool, like "been there done that." I think I felt like he wouldn't like me as much if I showed that guys were still a mystery to me and dating was the Land of Oz. Fortunately, the new group allowed me to be a little different than usual. There was nobody to say, "You are not acting like yourself at all. What happened to you?" Thank God, because that would've been embarrassing. That's why I didn't take Mike with me, but I should next time. I feel like we are dating in a way, even though it's not official.

Vienna barely spent any time talking to me, but I understand, she was too busy entertaining everybody. I hope that was the reason and not that she didn't think I was worth her time. I sent her a Thank you FB message, but she hasn't responded yet. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment