Monday, January 24, 2011

The World vs. Caffeine

I've been drinking coffee sporadically for the last couple of years but lately pretty regularly. I liked saying that it improved my school performance, but I would buy it to feel like an adult. I still love walking around campus with my coffee in hand. I feel like such a busy, no time for nonsense, career woman.

I've been reading conflicting reports, though. One says a cup per day helps prevent Parkinson's disease, diabetes, and it works as a great anti-oxidant. Caffeine is also in soft drinks and diet pills so it can't be that bad. I've noticed, though, that coffee and diet coke make me hungry. Right after I drink either one, I need something sweet. Sometimes I get so hungry, I can't focus on anything else and only look for an opportunity to run to the vending machine. I did some research and apparently, caffeine makes you hypoglycemic, your blood sugar drops. That's why you have those wild sweet cravings. I don't understand why it's in all diet pills, though. Don't people get even hungrier after taking them?

No comments:

Post a Comment