Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Alienation and a Pervasive Sense of Isolation

"Our culture teaches us to withdraw into ourselves when we are confronted with stressful situations. It is a vicious circle. One of the main stressors of modern society is alienation and a pervasive sense of isolation. The solution our culture offers us - to further withdraw - only exacerbates the problem." - Chris Lasch

This morning I woke up to find a FB friend request from Alex. I got so excited that he possibly, probably, maybe, potentially didn't look down on me for my high as a kite episode that I texted Vienna. I want to tell you the conversation word by word, but I''ll just sum it up for you... She felt guilty she wasn't there 100% for me and thought I didn't want to talk to her ever again. How about that? And I spent 4 days hiding from them... and from myself like an ostrich. We are social animals. We cannot live in isolation.

I'm looking for magazines to subscribe to. I want celebrity gossip, psychology, tech reviews, and possibly business.

No comments:

Post a Comment