Friday, October 29, 2010

Dress Up As Katy Perry!

I'm trying to decide on a Halloween costume. I'd like to wear something revealing. I want guys to notice me more, even to say something inappropriate because they think I'm so irresistible. I love the way Katy Perry dresses, like a doll. How about dressing up like Eve? The spandex would cover my whole body completely. I can let my hair down and put high heels on  then enter the room, a grand entrance like in the movies, and all eyes will fall on me. Yeah, right... People don't think I'm shy but I am. I wish I could get over that. They say the best way to overcome your fears is to face them. Do you have any ideas? I do...


Right now I'm going to undress completely in front of the window with the lights on in the room. If somebody says something, I'd pretend I'd had no intentions of flashing people, just in a rush to change my clothes before going out. Hmm, I wonder how that would go. Here's something from Steve Pavlina's book for you to read while I'm undressing. I better hurry up before I change my mind.

"Timidity is the mind-set that says you’re too weak, too small, and too unimportant to be deserving of real power. Who are you to live a meaningful life? You’re just one insignificant person among billions.
This belief becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. In reality, you’re so powerful that you’re actually turning your own strength against yourself, temporarily rendering yourself weak. You’re like a god who declares, “Let me be powerless.” And that’s exactly what happens.

Timidity causes you to settle for puny, empty goals that don’t inspire you—assuming you even set goals at all. You perform meaningless work that doesn’t matter to you, live in a place you don’t care for, and settle for disempowering relationships with other weak-minded people who regard you as another warm body for their pity parties. Meanwhile, your true self is practically screaming at you, but you drown its voice with idle entertainment, junk food, and other distractions.

You weren’t meant to live hiding under a rock. That isn’t you. You’re selling yourself short, grossly underestimating your true capabilities. This is your reality, and you’re responsible for it. Stop trying to live in denial of that fact, and face up to it. You didn’t come here to spend your life obsessing over trivialities. Wake up and take a good look at yourself and admit, “This is garbage. I can do better than this!” Start listening to that powerful being inside you for once. It won’t steer you wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment