Friday, February 4, 2011

Sweet Revenge... Kind Of

I liked JT. I thought we were a good fit. I felt comfortable with him, like we had known each other forever. I felt an urge to kiss him, to touch his skin, to hear his voice. I felt like we had a lot of potential, much more so than with Mike. However, the fact that he didn't come clear about Vienna made me lose respect for him. I'm trying to figure out if I have feelings for him or if I'm just irritated that he picked Vienna over me.

Anyway... here's a quick recap of what happened last night. We were supposed to go to the movies together at a tiny local movie theater. The sales registers are on the outside, so you wait in line in the cold and cannot even get past the front door without tickets. I texted him I was coming while I was sitting quietly in my bed. I never showed up. He called in the evening, actually called me, didn't text, and said... "Sorry, I couldn't make it today. Did you wait for me long?" Yeah, right, he would've texted me telling me that. "No, I didn't make it either." "Why not?" "I just didn't feel like going." "How come?" "What do you care? You weren't there anyway." "I was there. I waited for you in the cold like an idiot. You could've at least texted me." "I didn't like the fact that you had gotten back together with Vienna and never told me about it. I just lost interest in hanging out with you." "Why would you care about Vienna. You and I aren't even dating. We are just friends. Friends don't keep tabs on each other. You need to grow up."

He is the one lying and I'm feeling guilty for catching him and/or caring. Am I feeling guilty? What does he mean by "we are not even dating." Are we supposed to be engaged before I know if he has another girlfriend?

This reminded me of an episode of The Millionaire Matchmaker where the girl went out with some football player who supposedly really wanted a relationship but kept dating by his own words "gold-diggers." She had found out online that the "millionaire" had not been paying child support and confronted him about it. He made her feel guilty for bringing that up on the first date. He was the one not participating in the every day care for the baby and on top of it with all his millions he was not giving any money to support his own flesh and blood... and then his date was supposed to feel guilty for bringing it up? Shame on him and good for her for asking him. There should be no second date if he is that kind of father.

No comments:

Post a Comment